235 W 75TH ST
The Astor, a three-building complex commissioned by William Waldorf Astor and designed by Clinton & Russell in 1901, has a venerable architectural lineage that could never be imitated or duplicated today. Through the vision of HFZ, it has been enriched and reborn for this millennium as a majestic addition to one of the most sought-after family neighborhoods in the Upper West Side. A restoration of the exterior limestone façade, Juliet balconies and copper cornice gives way to an interior of meticulously refreshed common areas and living spaces that exquisitely unite old and new. Its light-filled three wings hold generously proportioned homes that exude both classicism and contemporary comfort.